The Uplands Alliance is a network of organisations and individuals who are passionate about land management in the uplands. We embrace all interests including, but not limited to, conservation, farming, sporting, recreation, woodlands, water management, landscape, cultural heritage, archeology, rural communities etc.
We do not exist as a legal entity but act as a neutral umbrella under which people can come together and discuss policy issues that affect the uplands. We have a Steering Group whose membership seeks to embrace the key interests.
Our activities are ad hoc and often involve working with other organisations. We tend to fund these events through crowd funding.
Current Steering Group Members are:
- Julia Aglionby, Foundation for Common Land (Chair)
- Amanda Anderson, Moorland Association
- Matt Bagley, Newton Rigg College
- Patrick Begg, National Trust (Vice-chair)
- Will Cockbain, Hill Farmer
- Rob Cooke, Natural England
- Paul Cottingham, NFU South-west Environment Advisor
- Janet Dwyer CCRI, University of Gloucester
- Claire Horton and Nicola Riley, Defra
- Keith Jones, Forestry Commission
- Phil Le Grice, Duchy College
- Robin Milton, NFU (Vice-chair)
- Christopher Price, CLA
- Mark Reed, Newcastle University
- Nigel Stone, Exmoor National Park
- Rob Stoneman, Yorkshire Wildlife Trust
- Patrick Thompson, RSPB
- Simon Thorp, Heather Trust
- Michael Winter, Exeter University